Vintage Tractors - From Ferguson to David Brown

For about the last 10 years or so I have spent the Summer months travelling around the United Kingdom visiting country shows. The type of shows I tend to attend are mainly those exhibiting Vintage Tractors, Steam Traction Engines, Cars and Motorbikes from days gone by.


My main reason for this is to do with my work as a Picture Framer. Through my interest with the vehicles of the past, I started buying and selling prints of all types of vintage transport, ranging from Tractors, through to Buses, including Horses and Lorries.

As a natural development, I found that the best place for me to sell this type of print was at the shows exhibiting Vintage Tractors, so we began planning our summer months travelling from one show to the next.

In addition to tractors there are usually a good collection of steam traction engines, cars and bikes, all in A1 condition, exactly as they looked when they were first manufactured. It never ceases to amaze me how they achieve this, when you see pictures of some of the vehicles in the rundown condition they were in when the owners first purchased them. It does not seem possible that you are looking at the same vehicle some time later and after a lot of hard work. I really admire these people and wish I had the knowledge to carry out a renovation of a classic vehicle of my own.

Over the last ten years I have come across nearly every make of tractor and steam engine that has been manufactured, and although not an expert, I can tell the difference between a Field Marshall and a John Deere, or a Burrell and a Aveling Porter.

If, like me, you have an interest in pictures of vintage tractors, take a look at my website http://agsframesandframing.co.uk

Comments